On the Water!!
Out on the lake is our favorite place to be, whether it be skiing, floating, or cocktail cruising!
For boat and water sport rentals, please visit:
Pontoons, ski boats, canoes, kayaks, and paddleboard rentals.
For further details and reservations call 706.782.448
*Rabun Boathhouse boat rentals- rabunboathouse.com
The charming village of Lakemont features renovated and restored buildings from the early 1900’s. Historic Lakemont Village is a must see while you are here. The village itself is a unique collection of art galleries and antique vendors.
* The Open Door at Ally's Old Store for lunch is a must! Great place for a sandwich or salad with a glass of rose!
*If you feel like getting a sweat on, Lakemont Cycle Studio is the place to do it! Lakemont Cycle is owned by a good friend of ours, Sandy Strong. Sandy and my mom ran the San Francisco Marathon together! Please visit the website for class times.
* The Well Yoga & Pilates Studio: https://www.well-yoga.com/
The Well is also owned by dear friends of ours. After you complete your cycle class, walk a couple of stores down to The Well for a yoga or pilates class to soothe over your tired muscles. Please visit the website for class times.
There are so many great hikes in this area! A few of our favorites include: Tallulah Gorge, Black Rock Mountain, Minnehaha Falls, Mount Yonah, and Blood Mountain.
- Tiger Mountain Vineyards - http://www.tigerwine.com/
- Stonewall Creek Vineyards - https://stonewallcreek.com/
- Moonride Distillery - https://www.moonrisedistillery.com/home.html
*Highlands Aerial Park:https: www.highlandscanopytour.comHighlands, N.C.*Fly Fishing:The Soque River, a small winding river that runs down from the Blue Ridge mountains past Clarksville is the place to flyfish.
For flyfishing excursions on the Soque River- blackhawkflyfishing.com
*Whitewater Rafting:Tour outfitters, operating March – October, offer whitewater adventures located just minutes from Clayton. *Outposts for Southeastern Expeditions Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)Wildwater, Ltd.*Chattoooga River Rafting- Georgiawildwaterrafting.com
Favorite places to eat
Around the Lake:
- Grapes and Beans : http://grapesandbeans.com/
- Fortify Kitchen and Bar: http://fortifyclayton.com/ Farm to Table with the best cocktails! Voted as one of the top restaurants in America. Reservations suggested.
- Fortify Pi: Pizza, Subs, Salads My parents absolute favorite spot in town for lunch and to watch a ball game. Their "go to order" is to split a pizza, big Greek salad with chicken, dressing on the side, and a side of fries ;).
- Clarks On Main: Great outdoor rooftop bar, a great place to watch football!
- Oinkers: The best pulled pork BBQ sandwich we have ever had!
- The Rusty Bike Cafe: Breakfast and lunch
- Universal Joint: Outdoor Patio, best burger in town
- Louie's On The Lake: A great local pizza joint that is a short walk from the Lake Rabun Hotel.
- Lake Rabun Hotel: This venue may only be available on Wednesday and Thursday for dinner, due to the Wedding Rehearsal Dinner there Friday night. Reservations suggested.
- Glen-Ella Springs Inn & Restaurant: Our wedding site!! Reservations suggested.